Apart from its other cool features, Snapchat also offered a totally new and creative idea of sending and receiving snaps which no other social media had to offer back in its debut time. And then the trend of making streaks didn’t look back and only grew.
Now, Snapchat is one of the most used apps by the youth, and many of them continue to use it for its cool filters and to exchange snaps with their friends. Apparently, keeping a higher Snapchat score keeps you popular and reflects how socially likable you are. So what is a Snapchat score, and how does it work? And how can one increase their Snapchat score?
Well, these are some of the questions that we are going to answer in the article, so stay tuned and read on. If you are here to know how you can raise your Snapchat score to become the next Mr./Ms. Popular in your group, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss how the Snapchat score works and what it is all about. We are also going to explain some pretty easy methods using which you will be able to increase your Snapchat score. So now let’s get the ball rolling and get right in!
About Snapchat Score and How it Works
It can be hard to believe if someone isn’t aware of Snapchat unless they aren’t Gen Z. But, being cool by having an account on Snapchat comes with its own popularity, right? Especially in today’s time, the generation wants to look cool, and have as many friends as they can. And an even better way to be popular on the app is to have a higher snap score, which many don’t! There has been the craze of creating streaks on Snapchat and making sure to maintain them for quite some time now, and the trend doesn’t seem to go away anytime soon.
Snapchat doesn’t particularly make its algorithm known. It may seem as simple as staying active on the app, but it can get complicated. Most users understand that your Snapchat score becomes higher if you stay active on the app, but there are a few exceptions to the rule.
The numbers vary depending on certain factors, such as the number of Snapchat users receiving your Snaps and the times of stories you post. A Snap Score increases for many reasons which aren’t fully known, and maybe that’s how Snapchat wants it.
Steps to Increase your Snapchat Score
If you are looking for ways to increase your snap score, then you are just at the right place. There are a plethora of websites that will tell you how you can increase your snap score in a short span of time, but trust me, Snapchat’s algorithm works pretty differently from what most think it works like. It has its own methods of calculating the scores, which won’t change on the basis of some third-party apps’ use. These are some of the factors that contribute to increasing a user’s snap score, and following the will can give fruitful results to a raise in your snap score:
- Send and receive more snaps – It is obvious to Snapchat users that sending and receiving snaps makes the streaks, which contributes to increasing the Snapchat score, and they are right. The more snaps you exchange, the higher your Snapchat score will go. So this is one of the most important factors in increasing one’s score on Snapchat.
- The number of stories you post – Another point that helps make a higher snap score is posting stories on Snapchat. Those who post frequently tend to have a higher score than the ones who stay inactive and post less. So if you want to raise your score, you have to post often.
- Add more friends to the list – It is only natural that those who have a long list of friends, often interact with them. And this means that if they chat with more people, exchange snaps, and maintain streaks, the score will increase and continue to get higher. So you have to be a bit more sociable, so the Snapchat score increases.
- Open Snaps regularly – It has to do a lot with how you interact with the snaps that have been sent to you. If you keep the snaps unopened, it is possible that your snap score might not increase and stay the same. So apart from sending and receiving snaps, you must respond to them or at least open them and not leave them unopened or pending.
- Maintaining the Snap Streaks with friends – There are many easy ways to make the streaks on Snapchat, but maintaining them can be quite hard. And who wants to send requests time and time again on the Snapchat support page? So make sure that you have your streaks maintained and don’t have to start all over again in case they break.
Tip: In order to maintain Snapchat streaks and not forget to send snaps on time, you can set a particular time once a day when you have to send the snap. This will make a schedule of at least one snap per day and your streaks will stay maintained without getting the annoying timer.
- When you start using the app again after not using it for a while, you get bonus points – Sometimes people get tired of using social media and delete their Snapchat accounts. And when they are ready to return to the platform and start chatting with their friends, then they install it back, but they not only get to see the messages from their friends from the time when they were gone, but also some bonus points from the side of Snapchat when they join the app again.
So it must be obvious after reading these points that you are supposed to make sure you are following them and doing them frequently.
Addressing the Snapchat Score Hacks
Simply put, increasing the snap score in an instant is impossible. Snapchat’s algorithm is much different from other social media platforms.
There’s no way of hacking it, so don’t fall for these scams. Stay away from all third-party apps and sites, and please don’t give them any money. These apps and sites exist to inflict malware or spyware on your device, or worse, scam you into giving them your hard-earned cash. Don’t let them convince you that they are reputable or legit! And so, it is important to make use of only the valid platforms for accessing or installing Snapchat. The legitimate way to have your snap score raised is via the use of the official app only, since other apps can contain malware too which can harm the device.
Note: The only safe place to download Snapchat is the official app store for your platform. Follow the links to download and update Snapchat for Android and iPhone users. These links lead to the only real Snapchat app, and it’s free.
Ans: This number varies from user to user depending on how much time they are spending on the app. The average snap score is between 4000 for every thousand friends.
Ans: Your Snapchat score doesn’t go up instantly after you do activities that are included in increasing the snap score, but if you are not seeing any changes in your snap score despite following them for a long time then you can take help from the help and support section in Snapchat.